Monday, May 18, 2009

Thank God and the FDA

We're in the Atlanta airport now, breathing a sigh of relief - Mason Hicks was detained by customs with a bag full of mass quantities of medication (mostly for diabetes). The authorities wanted to confiscate our supplies (which are needed for the next mission) and treat us as drug importers. Mason did the right thing and led them to me. I gave them my medical license and papers, but they weren't sure what to do. They said only drug manufacturers can import mass quantities of drugs.

Many prayers and phone calls later, an FDA agent called me from Washington and ordered them on my cell phone to release us and all of our supplies. God is faithful yet again!

5 comments:

  1. Well!! Mason's parents are glad it was Atlanta and not Johannesburg!! God is Great!! Mama Hicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you were not detained to long! Serving God and making people feel better along with 40 other people, you would think they would have a clue. If these chemicals were for another mission, are you leaving soon? Or I'm just not with the lingo! Glad you are all back safely. Weesie called me from Alanta airport. Glad you got through Mason w/o to much trouble. We are all extremely proud of everyone. Impy Erpenbeck. now you have my nickname too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe there was a collective sigh of relief among all the parents! How glorious to have all our children back home again! Jessica, Wednesday can't come fast enough to have you here with us in Wilmington! Open arms are waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome testimony to God's faithfulness, His immediate Presence, and His Power!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flipping FDA is a fraud. They routinely approve drugs that are known to be harmful to the body. And they let this type of marketing slide. They sent a letter! I mean, please! Oh no, the FDA sent a letter saying that they were not happy about the advertisements. In fact if any small company started to sell something to cure a “disease,” everything’s a disease nowadays, that company would be raided and shutdown as soon as the FDA heard about it.
    Vitamin C

    ReplyDelete